How to Participate in the Intake/Recruitment Process
Fill out our Interest Form! We’ll keep you up to date on the latest Recruitment Updates.
Become Academically Eligible
In order to join a fraternity or sorority, all students must register and meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Successfully complete at least twelve (12) credits at Rutgers University-New Brunswick (including E credits, excluding AP credits).
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50
- Be enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate student at Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Chapter Academic Standards: many of our chapters have a higher academic requirement than the one listed here. Be sure to ask about individual fraternity or sorority academic expectations during your Intake or Recruitment experience.
Transfer Students: Students transferring to Rutgers from another two or four year institution are eligible to participate in fall Intake/Recruitment, as long as the student met the above requirements at their previous institution. NOTE: You are considered a Transfer Student for only one semester. Once you have completed your first semester at RU and earned an RU GPA, you are considered a continuing RU student.
Get Involved on Campus
Campus involvement is highly valued in our Greek community. All students, especially new and transfer students, are highly encouraged to become involved in some sort of campus club or organization BEFORE joining a fraternity or sorority. Visit getINVOLVED to learn more about the 400+ Rutgers student organizations
Learn About Our Chapters
We have over eighty chapters, but you can only join one! While you’re working on your GPA and getting involved on campus, you also need to get to know our chapters and start to narrow the field. Here are a few ways you can start to make your short list:
- Visit the Interfraternity Council, Multicultural Greek Council, Panhellenic Council or Professional Fraternity Council facebook pages and learn about their Intake & Recruitment Information programs.
- Check out the websites and facebook pages of our registered fraternities and sororities
- Visit with our members. Chapters will hold information sessions throughout the fall semester and early in the spring semester. Follow their social media for dates, times and locations.
Register to Participate – Registration for fall 2020 will open on August 3.
ALL interested students MUST register in order to participate in the Intake and/or Recruitment process. Registration is simple. Complete the registration form and you’re all set to be a part of our Intake/Recruitment process!